Heelychat Forum Index
<  Cesspit  ~  MEH NEED QWICK HELP
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

I'm about to go to the skatepark today but i don't want to be p[ushed around by a bunch of bullys because I'm on heelys and this will be my first time on the half pipe and rail. And i'm 11. What do I do I do?

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
Slicer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:22 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I don't know about you, but where I live, this doesn't happen. Seriously picking on kids under puberty is a no-go zone even for the assholes. Most of the people there will be in high school. Some may be in college. Some may be older than that. And those guys have a tendency to take things like that seriously.

Of course, if it actually does happen, a number of websites already offer solutions to this problem.

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

Slicer wrote:
I don't know about you, but where I live, this doesn't happen. Seriously picking on kids under puberty is a no-go zone even for the assholes. Most of the people there will be in high school. Some may be in college. Some may be older than that. And those guys have a tendency to take things like that seriously.

Of course, if it actually does happen, a number of websites already offer solutions to this problem.
But... you live in the middle of nowhere... But thanks. I'll try it.

wondercheese
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:29 pm  Reply with quote

Slice is probably right on this one (except the gun links!). Most likely any bully you'll encounter will be your own age range. Most high school age or older people don't pick on kids (unless YOU start it). Which means however you deal with bullys at school will be the way to deal with them at the park, with the exception that there are no teachers, so you won't get in trouble if you tell them to F@@@ off! I've found that skateboarder/BMX'ers will make a comment or two (if at all) and ignore you so long as you don't get into their way.

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

Ok you guys. Thanks for the help!

Redemption
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:49 pm  Reply with quote

Lol the phrase "Under Puberty" Made me laugh, and I didnt know you 11....

Anyway try carrying a metal pole that will help (Please dont do this ) Try impressing them with ur moves or something there probally aint a way to stop bullies. If your with an adult/guardian it might help. But most of all try not paying attention to them they just have nothing better to do than pick on kids.

Kain
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:12 am  Reply with quote

guns are too much to carry to a skate park for me. Besides that, you'd need a license. I'd rather carry a knife that I can hold on my person while I skate, without worrying about falling on it. Or just nothing at all, and use my karate...but as far as I know, you don't know that lol. So I'd get one of these , they're easy and legal to carry, and you can defend yourself without seriously hurting someone.

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 am  Reply with quote

alll right, I don't mean like getting hurt, just... Dissed cuz I'm a heeler. what did you guys do YOUR first time?

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 am  Reply with quote

I wish there was something I could say that would help you Tuna - but sadly no matter what you do you are always eventually going to meet some jerks who might tease you about heelys - if you didn't have heelys the same jerks would find something else to have a go at you abour - this is the kind of people some people are. Sadly there's often very little you can do about it. You have to learn to ignore them if it's just verbal abuse, and hopefully they'll get bored if they don't get a reaction from you.

One thing I definitely would not recommend is trying to show off in front of people - if you're not careful you can be a little too cocky and a fall in front of people would probably have the opposite effect.

Probably best to go with an adult, or failing that, some friends, the first time out.

Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't recommend any kind of weapons, because if the aggressor is so much bigger than you that you need something to even up the disadvantage, he's probably capable of taking your weapon and using it against you, and so you're just asking for more trouble. I know you said you wasn't thinking about getting hurt, just teasing, but sometimes teasing can escalate to physical abuse so I mention this anyway: The best weapons are always your wits first, to try to prevent it coming to a physical conflict, and if it does escalate, unarmed self-defense skills can't be taken off of you, plus they would help with heeling/balance and a number of other life/confidence skills Smile

But yeah, at the most you'll only get teasing - I find it's more common if you're alone and there's a bunch of them, so go with friends/family and you should be ok. Smile

Good luck mate Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:50 am  Reply with quote

#1 tip...

Don't be a dick

Just take your turn, but don't be pushed around. I share a pipe with many different skating cultures, in which we all take turns, just like sharing play ground equipment...

But if all else fails, I would go with Slicer's links... No one argues with someone holding a gun... No one... 'cept Chuck

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kain
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 pm  Reply with quote

~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:
alll right, I don't mean like getting hurt, just... Dissed cuz I'm a heeler. what did you guys do YOUR first time?

well...weapons are intimidating, and might stop you from getting dissed if someone bugs you XD

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

wondercheese
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 pm
~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:

well...weapons are intimidating, and might stop you from getting dissed if someone bugs you XD

OR they could turn a minor situation into one where someone gets seriously hurt. NOT worth the risk. Even just pulling a weapon can get you in trouble with the law. You do not want to end up in court because some asshole teased you about heelys and you pulled a weapon when you could have walked away.

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Try getting there early when no one is there or its still just little kids (older people tend to go later) then most of the kids just get surprised your on heelys, by the time the older people get there, youll be a bit more comfortable with the ramps wont eat it or get dissed because theres nothing to diss.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Hidude28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys

Kain wrote:
use my karate.

lol i used to get into fights at my school

it was the lamest thing ever when kids would go "i am warning you ... i know karate"

no offense CoKain

I LIKE EMOTES

merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:19 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Kain wrote:

Tell me that's not a real response.

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes