Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  Footy advice
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:56 am  Reply with quote

Hi guys, I need some advice from you more experienced heelers. Smile

Is there any particular leg that learning footy on should be easier? For me my left leg is my best leg to have in front, and yet I seem to prefer the right leg for footying on? Is this common when learning footy or am I doing it the hard way?

Whilst I am here, I was also wondering why two legged manual is called AOD - i.e, what's it stand for? Smile

Cheers buddys Smile

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
HeelyTrickster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 am  Reply with quote
Shark Bait

All that i can say is talk to Drummer or Big Mac, they both are very good at footys.

260,300 Ghetto Points.

Heelytrickster: Slicer...what state are you in ?

Slicer: Annoyance, with a daily commute through Confusion to Denial

XxHeelyZxX: i think he meant where u live not mind of state xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
plasma qrenades
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:16 am  Reply with quote

I learned on my right, practicing left now, I guess whichever you put forward normally is easiest...Its really just whats comfortable...I might make a video to help with footies soon, but really all I can say is practice until it gets more comfortable...AOD stands for Angel Of Death

Last edited by plasma qrenades on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

I have 21,300 ghetto points
[Tue 17:08] mcrochip: i've used heelys on a plane, i've used heelys on a crane. heelys roll well on a bus, heelys roll for each of us
[Sun 15:16] Slicer: she's actually fascinating, like a bug in a jar
HeelyTrickster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:17 am  Reply with quote
Shark Bait

Woops, i forgot about you PQ, sorry bro, and merrie, Plasma is very good at footys aswell Smile

260,300 Ghetto Points.

Heelytrickster: Slicer...what state are you in ?

Slicer: Annoyance, with a daily commute through Confusion to Denial

XxHeelyZxX: i think he meant where u live not mind of state xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 am  Reply with quote

sweet, thanks guys - if you come across any footy help vids please feel free to post them here and i will watch them over and over Smile

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:03 pm  Reply with quote

Hey guys and girls - am still working on the footy's, and in hopes that you may be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong (apart from simply lacking the fine balance required lol) I am adding a video of me failing to footy for more than a second.

If possible, please feel free to give feedback on how to improve my "manuals" Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUFgCt8Cx8

Thanks Smile

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:40 pm  Reply with quote

OK, so basically, I watched (and commented on) your video... You're doing good at the hard way (in my opinion)

Basically in a nut shell, work with your back foot first. Its typically your strongest foot so it can hold your weight... When you do your front foot, its... well... in front of you... So if you slide out with your front foot and catch with your back foot, kiss your crotch goodbye...

Secondly, try to be straight. Q. When you lean forward, where are you going to go if you keep leaning forward? A. Forward. If you stand up straight you can use your dead foot as a balance, swinging it back and forth to keep you up right...

Other then that, you're doing pretty swell kid. Don't let failure keep you down; I've seen that in many adults, especially those who don't doing any other aggressive activities. People say kids learn faster then adults... Though this MAY be true, I find it hard to believe... I beat Mario 1 and 3 when I was 6... Again when I was 9... I attempted it the other month and gave up on Level 8 (even using the stupid warp pipes)

seth1230
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

take out your back foots lead wheel and just try heeling once you get taht feeling try lifting up your backfoot to keep balance if you have brakes on your lead foot, dont worry about falling back your brakes should catch you. and yeah most people use their lead foot but im comfortable on both (i can hold it for 2 costco aisles on my lead foot opposed to just one on my left.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:41 pm  Reply with quote

seth1230™ wrote:
take out your back foots lead wheel
I am using my torches or evo's for the footy practice, so there's only one wheel per foot - Do you mean take the wheel out of the foot i usually use in front?

Update: I'm still working on the footy btw - not there yet but I feel like I'm getting closer Smile

ShArP SwArD
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:02 am  Reply with quote

DooD Merrie_England you helped me so i will helpl you

your lifting your foot so fast you throw all your weight forward and then every single time you let our lead foot drop its toe and thats it

see it happen dont give up cuz it feels weird go all out

*ThRoWs uP tHE DueCes aS He HeelYs aWaY*
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp. Smile

Yeah, I just need to keep practising I guess.

I put in an hour of AOD/footy practise on Thursday and Friday last week whilst I was at work, since work has a corridor with a smoother floor than my kitchen - although even this place at work is not perfect for learning footy's - I'm beginning to memorise the tiny imperfections: even tho it's really good tiles there's still little dents and slight changes in angle, that I never noticed with normal heeling, but in a footy/AOD it throws me a little Smile

I'll keep at it Smile I only fell once during those two days: not bad for practising AOD/footy. Smile

seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:28 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

your back wheel meaning your bvack foots wheel or whatever foot you lift up.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
plasma qrenades
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

i made a tutorial, its uploading now, ill post the link once its done, nothing to special but hopefully itll help with some parts of it

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLjbAn6B5SQ

I have 21,300 ghetto points
[Tue 17:08] mcrochip: i've used heelys on a plane, i've used heelys on a crane. heelys roll well on a bus, heelys roll for each of us
[Sun 15:16] Slicer: she's actually fascinating, like a bug in a jar
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 am  Reply with quote

Thanks - I'm gonna save that vid to my mobile and watch it with each footy practise - for some strange reason I never thought to try to footy slowly at first. since I'd seen everyone else doing it fast I assumed you needed the speed to balance easier, like on a bike, but I guess this is not so, so you've really helped me there plasma qrenades, thanks Smile

Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 am  Reply with quote

Still trying to practise the footy's - I'm one tiny step closer to doing it. That step being that I now KNOW why I can't footy:

It's because: I can't balance on one heel even without any wheels in! Surprised

So you see, I really wasn't kidding when I said I have terrible balance, and that's why I'm so proud to have learned the tricks I have so far. Smile

So, first, I obviously need to learn to be able to balance on one heel (no wheels) before I can balance on one wheel. Luckily I CAN balance on one foot with my foot flat - just not with it on the heel, so I could be worse. Smile