Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Rumbles!
RLXgenerate
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:08 am  Reply with quote

i would say either cheating death is still the caddy...along side the DOA...

personally, both are hard...haven't pulled off either one yet...but ya, cheating death is amazingly hard and few people have managed to pull it off that i know of
sara48
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:31 am  Reply with quote

In fats, I actually find cheating death easier than a normal footy .. but thats just me Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:02 am  Reply with quote

sara48 wrote:
In fats, I actually find cheating death easier than a normal footy .. but thats just me Razz
Is that because if you accidentally touch the flat of your foot down in a normal (forwards) footy, you are instantly stopped and overbalanced forwards, whilst if the flat of your foot goes down whilst going backwards it merely pulls on the foot restoring your balance over the wheel?

Because of the break between the pages of this thread I was thinking people might not notice the question at the bottom of page one, so just for safety I am going to re-quote myself here hoping someone else who has rumbles might see it , hope that's ok Smile

Merrie_England wrote:
@anyone with 7316 rumbles: what are your bearings?
i.e., which bearings came in your rumble wheels: 608s or 688s. My wheat rumbles came with 608z. Question

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
sara48
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

Merrie_England wrote:
sara48 wrote:
Is that because if you accidentally touch the flat of your foot down in a normal (forwards) footy, you are instantly stopped and overbalanced forwards, whilst if the flat of your foot goes down whilst going backwards it merely pulls on the foot restoring your balance over the wheel?

That makes sense .. but .. why isnt the same true for when I wear megas?

When I do cheating death in megas, I find my self more likely to drag the front of my foot than on fats .. which i think for most people is the other way round. But normal footy's i find easier in megas than fats.

so... in fats I'm better at backwards footy's than regular, and in megas I'm better at regular then backwards. weird. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

Hmm, not sure, might be to do with wheel positioning tho - if the wheels contact point is closer to the back of your foot it will require more input from your ankle muscles to keep it level I guess. Cool that you can do cheating death, how long you been heeling?

But I do notice differences in braking traction from the various sole-patterns and floor-types, especially when going backwards. For instance, if going backwards in a shop in my relatively smooth well-worn torches, and the front of my foot goes down, it will powerslide for ages without stopping me, but in my rumbles the front of the sole is far more grippy and i stop very quickly, and on the street with the rumbles it's incredibly quick - I have to watch I don't fall back - the bottom of a rumble boot just seems to "grab" the tarmac like it wants to rip it up.

I'm also starting to notice differences between tricking in medium mega's and large fats, or even differences between two different pairs of mega-wheeled heelys!

For instance, I can put the exact same ABEC-7 mega wheel in my rumbles, and it seems to lose speed a lot faster than when it's in my torches. God knows why: anyone? Smile

RLXgenerate
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

umm...i don't have rumbles, so i wouldn't know. but if u take the same wheels and put them in two different shoes, they shouldn't make a difference whether or not you go faster or slower. i put wheels from my torches to my evo's and there isn't a change.

personally, i would just say get new bearings in general...i like smoother/faster bearings. when i go, i like to go. for you, abec7's would probably be best to keep learning on. as far as fats, i hate em. lol. end of story there. i love mega's. would even take bd's over fats! lol.
sara48
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:39 am  Reply with quote

Merrie_England wrote:
Hmm, not sure, might be to do with wheel positioning tho - if the wheels contact point is closer to the back of your foot it will require more input from your ankle muscles to keep it level I guess. Cool that you can do cheating death, how long you been heeling?

nearly 2 years Very Happy
~~>Tuna<~~
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what's cheating death?

[Tue 21:23] Slicer: you are now the moderator of Canada
drummer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:38 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys Midwest / HT Vid Champion

~~>Tuna<~~ wrote:
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what's cheating death?

A backwards footy

[Wed 18:00] Skate or Diez: can anybody tell me how to pump
[Wed 18:01] WIYH®: pump wat

[Wed 19:35] jmar8542: i want to challenge you
[Wed 19:36] XxHeelyZxX: lol jmar drum will pwn ur ass xD

[Tue 14:30] toby: im drummers brother

wondercheese
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Merrie,

My Rumble wheels have the same bearings that yours do, the 608zz bearing. I know they can be changed out for better bearing, but I haven't done that, because they seem to work well enough for what I do with them!

I've also noticed that regular megas loose speed faster in Rumbles. I had them in my Rumbles at the grocery store the other day, and even with a good strong running start, I couldn't go more than half an aisle before they were moving waaaaaayyy to slow. I think the rumble bracket is a hair smaller than the regular mega one, and the wheels touch ever so slightly. I say this, because when I pulled them out, they had line on them that corresponded iwht the ribs in the bracket. ( now is when everyone in the know tells me that's wrong, they are the same size...!!).

wondercheese

Thu 21:53] wondercheese: we weren't trying to cause damage, and we DID pay for the broken lotion!
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

wondercheese wrote:
I've also noticed that regular megas loose speed faster in Rumbles. I had them in my Rumbles at the grocery store the other day, and even with a good strong running start, I couldn't go more than half an aisle before they were moving waaaaaayyy to slow. I think the rumble bracket is a hair smaller than the regular mega one, and the wheels touch ever so slightly. I say this, because when I pulled them out, they had line on them that corresponded iwht the ribs in the bracket. ( now is when everyone in the know tells me that's wrong, they are the same size...!!).

Yes, I had exactly the same experience upon first using my rumbles. Luckily after a few more uses and a little wear, they seem to have lost this problem - I'm guessing you're spot on when you guessed the wheel rubbed the well ever-so-slightly at first, and now that my wells are a little more worn they don't do it anymore. Smile

This may be something to do with the way the heel of your foot inside the shoe pressses down on the wheel well, making it "just" touch the wheel slightly if you put a lot of pressure on it - which some people have suggested is what is meant by "Motion Control Device" in the rumbles sales pitch.

mcrochip
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:58 pm  Reply with quote
Heelychat Punmaster

If you're comparing rumbles to torches, the bearings are different... rumbles are ABEC5, torches are ABEC7. Also, the groovy wheels probably cause a bit more drag.

-Steve

On a non-heely matter, I am walking in the Challenge Walk for Multiple Sclerosis. If you can help me with fundraising, please PM me for info. Thanks.
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:57 am  Reply with quote

mcrochip wrote:
If you're comparing rumbles to torches, the bearings are different... rumbles are ABEC5, torches are ABEC7. Also, the groovy wheels probably cause a bit more drag.

-Steve
No we're talking about taking the abec-7 mega's out of a torch and sticking them in a new rumble boot, and noticeing that they go slower for the first couple of days. Strange but true.