Heelychat Forum Index
<  Commerce  ~  More frustration then actual sales
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:12 am  Reply with quote

So I went to the mall the other day... actually, two malls, because the first one is more like an over glorified Wal-Mart... And basically went to EVERY shoe store looking for either new fat wheels for my Rails or picking up a new pair of Atomics or Furys. As I was walking through, there was not a single store that sold passed a size 8 (though they had size 10 fury's on display, the guy said they only had a pair for display purposes only) for any style, not even the Rails. So after my feeble attempts to walk around and find a new pair for hours on end in the over crowded shops of Colorado Springs, I decided to pass on the attempt and try to find wheels; in which not a single store had them. I'm like... double you tee eff... Basically though, I went to the "SKATE SHOES!" kiosk in the mall, and just for giggles to see if they had my size... Not even them (don't fret, I wasn't going to buy them if they did have my size, because I don't think sounding like a squeaky train with these two HUGE black things exposing themselves out of my heels). Are they starting to phase out more adult size Heelys, or are they still pretty plentiful in the areas that more adult people would buy them (on the coastal regions to be more specific). I know I can order online, which is probably going to be my best bet to get some new 9152's or 9151's again, but the instant gratification of buying a pair and leaving the shops with them is a pretty amazing feeling. Anyways, thanks for listening to me vent, still kinda frusterated... Keep it easy guys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kain
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:56 am  Reply with quote

Well.....I saw a few size 9's in a couple styles at DSG, so I got one. Idk if there's a DSG where you are. But yeah, your best bet would be online. Especially for wheels. Nobody carries proper sized wheels in the actual store Sad

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:20 am  Reply with quote

DSG meaning Dick Sporting Goods? Cause I've tried them and they stop again at the smaller size. Unfortunately God has blessed me with size 12 feet... But yeah, online is being ran through horribly... Still nothing performance wise... -looks to shoes- i guess i need to buy more tape lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kain
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 am  Reply with quote

Well....

That's why we're trying to get HSL to make shoes for the heelers that need them

"Passed away in silence
The flute from the realm unseen
Empties its heart
Making love to me
With its enchanting melody.
Light of Orion,
Shadow of Andromeda,
Call of the dancing Universe.
The labyrinth I must enter
Before thou can blame my soul
With an age of peace"

"Love me for who i am, love my soul...not the body it occupies, love my heart, not the desire it hides...and love me....for what i am..."

Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:16 am  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Heelys is learning the hard way that adults are buying these things en masse for Christmas. Good luck finding anything at this late date.

It's not that "they didn't make any", it's just that they didn't make enough.

Online you can get large FATS fairly easily, though, even in a few of the new collectible styles.

Kage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

Large wheels....they dont exist in person. You have to go online.

As for the actual shoes, Journey's and Finish Line have them here. No one else does.
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

Kage wrote:
Large wheels....they dont exist in person. You have to go online.

As for the actual shoes, Journey's and Finish Line have them here. No one else does.

Yeah, the guys there know me, but unfortunately they have the torches to a size 7 and the rails up to a size 10. As for finish line, thats where I saw the furys which I fell in LOVE with, and they were the people who had the size 10 for display purposes. I'm still going to scour the internets, but for the most part its been a no win situation. Hopefully they'll bring some new models for the spring time -crosses fingers-
seth1230
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:20 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

Slicer wrote:

Online you can get large FATS fairly easily, though, even in a few of the new collectible styles.

collectables are only online up to medium wheels so far

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
IBF
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 pm  Reply with quote

IVI4V3R1CK wrote:
So I went to the mall the other day... actually, two malls, because the first one is more like an over glorified Wal-Mart... And basically went to EVERY shoe store looking for either new fat wheels for my Rails or picking up a new pair of Atomics or Furys. As I was walking through, there was not a single store that sold passed a size 8 (though they had size 10 fury's on display, the guy said they only had a pair for display purposes only) for any style, not even the Rails. So after my feeble attempts to walk around and find a new pair for hours on end in the over crowded shops of Colorado Springs, I decided to pass on the attempt and try to find wheels; in which not a single store had them. I'm like... double you tee eff... Basically though, I went to the "SKATE SHOES!" kiosk in the mall, and just for giggles to see if they had my size... Not even them (don't fret, I wasn't going to buy them if they did have my size, because I don't think sounding like a squeaky train with these two HUGE black things exposing themselves out of my heels). Are they starting to phase out more adult size Heelys, or are they still pretty plentiful in the areas that more adult people would buy them (on the coastal regions to be more specific). I know I can order online, which is probably going to be my best bet to get some new 9152's or 9151's again, but the instant gratification of buying a pair and leaving the shops with them is a pretty amazing feeling. Anyways, thanks for listening to me vent, still kinda frusterated... Keep it easy guys

Well they have fats here i'll check for some large ones Very Happy

[Fri 15:52] IBF: i had dream that i was with my parents at HCG and you were the only one there because everyone was coming and then i pointed you out to my parents and they thought you were a pedophile
[Fri 15:53] IBF: but then i was like "no thats slicer the beholder of ultimate banning power"
[Sat 17:18] Slicer: does IBF create awkward silences by his mere presence?
[Fri 21:55] Homicidal Potato: ahh the place to myself...wheres the lotion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
heelzthatkillz
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:12 pm  Reply with quote

jsut like the wiis, limited supply

[Wed 21:40] XxHeelyZxX: u mean yeah?
[Wed 21:40] HeelyTrickster: chea.
[Wed 21:40] seth1230™: no i mean chea.

[Sun 20:13] HeelyTrickster: i come some video
[Sun 20:13] heelzthatkillz: u wat?!

[Thu 22:04] heelzthatkillz: whoa i got on and saw all this yellow
[Thu 22:04] merlyn_DHC: HAHA - That's Merlyn!