Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Hi (and Help, please) This will be a useful website!
heelybob
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote

Hello, and WOW! I've been looking for a forum such as this and after a few weeks of searching, here I am. I predict this site will grow along with the sport. I am an adult+ who is very active, coach 2 Little League baseball teams among other things...bought my first pair of Heelys a couple of weeks ago (THE REVOLUTION) have mastered them and enjoy the activity. It's kind of addictive, I have to admit. I'm also an educator and can relate to the kids who wear them and talk about them in school. My next pair (THE SLIDE) is in the mail now. QUESTION: Is it any easier to use the FATS wheels vs. the MEGA wheels in terms of (a) learning to use them and (b) walking in them with the wheels on? Isn't it rue you're slightly higher off the ground with the MEGA? FINALLY, after learning on a school cross country track I figured I'd try my skills at the local mall and grocery store. However, I can't seem to get up the nerve to actually start "heeling" there. I'll go in wearing them okay but I'm thinking this is a "kid" thing and maybe I'll be laughed at even though I'm skilled enough now. Are there many adults around the malls doing this and has anyone been in this situation? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
mx54
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

i highly doubt people will laugh at you and if they do who cares? you will probobly never see them again and im sure you could care less. i hope you enjoy your heelys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:40 am  Reply with quote

If you do hit the local malls, just remember to be respectful of other people. Some malls are banning heelys altogether.

You can have fun and be cautious at the same time.

ONE12
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:33 pm  Reply with quote

yea just be carful and other ppl at the mall! if there are some older ppl just start walking then once there gone keep heeling
Heelynut
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

I'm older too...
I heely in malls, markets, Home Depot...practically everwhere....even at work!
Most adults admire that I can do it and probably secretly wish they had the nerve to try it too. Some actually ask me where they can get some. I've never had a real negative reaction. I've only been asked to walk twice in 3 1/2 years.
Clerks and security guards suspect that I'll be careful...and I am.
I wear my Heelys 99% of my waking hours...always with wheels, ready to roll at every opportunity.
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:45 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

WOW - Its Heelynut!!

I say - go with Mega - especially if you're an adult. Fats are best if you're small - the person-to-wheel ratio is better on the Mega if you're an adult.

MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes