Heelychat Forum Index
<  United Kingdom  ~  Places to heel
sara48
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:05 am  Reply with quote

Say all the best places you know to heel

-Random streets
-tescos
-sainsbury's (and other shops, especially supermarkets Very Happy)
-Trafalgar square, in central London
-Ellie's garden, hehe she has a trampete and we put it next to some steps and do some very fun stalls, grabs, etc

I will update this later with more places that people will actually know. cause my mind has gone blank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
covert0ne
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:15 am  Reply with quote

I know the greatest place! My kitchen floor, yeah you guys should come check it out *jks* I think its good But PC world has to own when it comes to floor even though the store is a rip off
heelys2k7
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:57 am  Reply with quote

ASDA is the number one best place to go it has the most smoothest marble surface, and many other people go there and heel, its so awesome.

Warning:Watch out for other people!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mapleplayer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:04 am  Reply with quote

i think asda and pc world rock and the entertainer in bull ring aint bad bc that where im getting my torch heelys
fireheadfred
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

swindon, wiltshire town centreand at the skate park at oasis Very Happy
theyaz
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:25 am  Reply with quote

queens park is a not bad place to heel but my favourite place is ASDA...the supermarket (not on the parking thang) has soooo SMOOTH floor that it's the number one place
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 am  Reply with quote

The best places for me are those that not only have smooth floors, but also those with lots of width/space so that even if it's busy, you can still get some speed up safely: so I like the aisles in the really big supermarkets, or big B&Q DIY stores - then you can pretend the other stray customers are cones and use them for your slalom practise. Twisted Evil

"The best part of falling is getting back up again"
sara48
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 am  Reply with quote

I love B&Q, especially as they sell pvc pipes, which i grind on when no ones watching haha Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:38 pm  Reply with quote

Hehe, wouldn't the pvc ones be a bit too bendy? Smile

I was thinking of buying a grind pipe, but mainly saw square ones and I wanted a round one, but you gave me an idea: maybe I should try to buy some strong round metal pipe and get my mate to weld me my own custom pipe - that would be a sweet garden ornament Smile

sara48
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:49 am  Reply with quote

yeah, they don't sell round rails anywhere, i had to settle for a square one from argos lol. It's wider than my grind plates so you can only grind on it if you hit it at an angle like you would on a bench .. it's really annoying Sad

Making your own is a good idea, i've been meaning to do that for a while but i've never really gotten round to it. I think i'll make one sometime this summer Very Happy
IVI4V3R1CK
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:54 am  Reply with quote

Chain link fencing? The support rails are about 2 and a half inches diameter and it can be welded. For support, have your friend weld a cap on the end and then pour in some concrete inside the rail. It could weigh it down some, and then provide the glide you need.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Merrie_England
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:18 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm thinking scaffold pole (the kind that supports the temporary wooden walkways used by construction workers when building stuff). Oops, kinda gone OT here.

Buffomoves
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Hey mates,

I will be performing on Heelys in a dance-theatre-shakespeare play this August at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. If any of you will be in the area it may very well be worth the trip to come out and see Heelys showcased on a mainstage professional production. Ask MerlynDHZ about it, he saw it.

"Pericles Redux" at the Pleasance One Theatre. August 1st-25th.

and...
anyone want to meet up and skate? I would absolutely love to meet fellow pro-level skaters in the UK.

Please send any replies to this post that you want me to read to my mobile e-mail account:
buffomoves@yahoo.com

link to "Pericles Redux" trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atDsb3mQf7Q

please vote!

"Everything must be based on a simple idea. Once we have finally discovered it. [it] will be so compelling, so beautiful, that we will say to one another, yes, how could it have been any different." -John Wheeler (1911- ), physicist