Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  So,how many times have you been asked to remove your wheels?
Fishertech
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

I have had two incidents. Once in a grocery store, the manager came and told me in a very annoyed tone "Hey, you can't use the skates in here". I wasnt happy, since it was late at night and there was hardly anyone in the place, and I wasnt acting recklessly, I was just heeling normaly. The other time was at Disneyland, I was Heeling up to the main gates, and got stopped by a security dude telling me they werent allowed in the park, and I would have to "remove my shoes or put the wheels up" if I wanted to go in. Blah. Ok, lets hear what stories other people have to tell!
Slicer
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:19 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Only been told to stop heeling once in a convenience store by someone who thought they could damage the linoleum if a rock got stuck in them. (Ha! Stuck rocks cut lines in my Heelys, screw your linoleum!)

Grocery stores, Target, Wal-Mart... no one screws with me, ever. I just start gliding. I even do it during exercise breaks at work.

I don't know whether it's due to the social climate here or the fact that I'm just that scary looking...
mx54
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:45 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

i had 2 incidents one time i wa in the mall doing some high speed downhills and the security guard jumps in front of me and says "Hey stop" and told me to not dot hat again or i will get thrown out but i didnt care i heelyed away from him anyway Wink and the other time was in school a teacer caught me but luckily she was cool and made beleve she didnt see it 8)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kim
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 am  Reply with quote

In school they told me not to use um because there "dangerous" but i was just like screw you and kept wearing them but just not rolli ng around teachers but the vice principal was being a dick and hed always ask to see the bottom of my shoes when i walked by and he tried to get me suspended
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:18 am  Reply with quote

kim wrote:
In school they told me not to use um because there "dangerous" but i was just like screw you and kept wearing them but just not rolli ng around teachers but the vice principal was being a dick and hed always ask to see the bottom of my shoes when i walked by and he tried to get me suspended

It's attitudes like this that keep parents like me thinking how cocky and arrogant youth has become.

I'm no saint, I have heeled in a mall, but if I were in school, I'd never consider it. Just too many people concentrated in one place.

Just be smart about it and if someone asks you to remove them, don't give them attitude. It may be their rules. There's a right and wrong place to heel. That's why they make the wheels removable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

kim wrote:

Thats pretty harsh though, checking your feet
evos8r94
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

hahaha where to start first i got inschool suspension in school because a teacher told me to give her my name and give her the wheels and when she turned to walk me into her room i ran and heeled away cuz it was 2:09 and the school buses leave at 2:15 so i was gonna be late but the next day she caught me and i got iss then i got banned from the mall for a year for heeling. so yea after all that i still heely in school lol. love. peace. empathy.
mx54
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:06 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

lol nice one evo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:53 am  Reply with quote

i was at my school fee day and there were some soup samplesand i bumped a guy with a white shirt and he spilled his soup.He got mad and told the schools correctional officer who started yelling at me but i rolled away.
brandosg
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

Ive had my Heelys about 3 weeks now and i went to St. Louis City Museum with my girlfriend and her little brother. Theres a place there called the skatless park. (yea skateLESS) i thought about taking off and just trying to heel on anything i could but i had my wheels in maybe 30 seconds and i rolled in a circle then some lady started yelling at me saying "Tennis shoes only!!!!" so i took them out. But i had a blast at union station and fairview heights mall. No one told me to take them out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inuyasha_HeelyGirl11
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:25 pm  Reply with quote

i wear my heelys to school everyday, and i was in the hallway and i was rolling and gliding all over the place and the stupid assistant principle said to put my wheels away,and of course i did but when she walked away i put them back in and started rolling again,THEN the principle walked by and told me not to skate in the hallway or anywhere else,so the next day i went to school their were cameras in the hallways.....just becuz of heelys.. Shocked Shocked

cdawg
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:08 pm  Reply with quote

I know this is random, but what the heck are downhills?? mx said he was doing them in a mall, how is that possible if there are no hills? also, my school is all carpet and if you try to heel u just go as slow as mud and stp reel quick Mad

Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:29 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

Got mine confiscated once and was going to get a detention, luckily my gym teacher was in there as opposed to the vice principal. Mine gym teacher told me I couldn't get them then I told her i wasn't leaving 'till I got 'em then she gave it to me.
mx54
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:13 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

well, in the mall i go to there is this slanted part that you can catch some pretty good speed from. thats what i meant by downhills.
sara48
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:21 am  Reply with quote

u people r so lucky i wish i could wear mine to school but i england we hav to wear uniform so i cant Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger