Heelychat Forum Index
<  Off-Topic  ~  RC cars
mx54
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:58 am  Reply with quote
Pwned

I like to drive rc cars i have a team losi mini-t with carbon chassis all aluminum mamba 25 esc mamba 8000kv motor and a r153f rx my other car is a Team Associated Factory team RC10T4 with titanium turnbuckles carbon chassis mamba esc mamba max motor r153f rx and aluminum a-arms the mini-t does about 60mph and the RC10T4 does about 50 Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fishertech
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:00 am  Reply with quote

I have an old Traxxas Rustler I bought off my brother a few years back, its not in the best shape anymore, but I still take it out for a run every now and then. It could go about 30 MPH with the 8 turn motor it used to have, but since I burned that motor out, I have been using another motor that isnt quite so fast... I think it is a 13 turn. Oh well, still better than the stock 20 turn motor.
chuckboucher
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

I used to race RC's back in the early 90's. The car I had was an orignal Team Associated RC-10. I dumped the aluminum tub for a carbon chassis and replaced the gearbox with an MIP.

We used to run stock motors and they still did high 40's for speed. Not too shabby for an electric car.

The thing I remember is how much $$$ we spent on those things. I think I was into that car for well over $1000.

mx54
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 pm  Reply with quote
Pwned

yeah i probobly have about 1k into each car Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
terrain190
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:25 pm  Reply with quote

i gotta nitro rustler made by traxxas its pretty quick haha i owned my dads t-max on the street he was like toppin out and i was toying with him until he wrecked and screwed up his everything including the shattered engine mount yeah it sucked.. for him but i was like wheelying and he couldn't keep up. my rustler tops out at 51 mph but yeah i bet if i tuned it better it would go faster. i'm not too good on fine tuning it though.. it takes way to much time gas and battery to keep starting running and then hopefully getting to the step to shut it off. My biggest problem was over heating and stalling it out.. well yeah thats about all the exp. with R/C i have.

evandavis7
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:33 pm  Reply with quote

I have one, but it's not that great. It's a go kart with a plastic racer dude in it. What I wanna try though is attach a camera to it, and watch it go! Woohoo!