Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  Long Jumps
Slicer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:33 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I'm interested in starting from rolling, getting a lot of distance, and landing on my wheels. I know I can't do this jumping from just my wheels, and using two feet looks too lame (and defeats the point of starting from rolling). I was wondering if anyone's mastered the art of one-foot long jumping.

ogel916
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

i did dat b4 but not very far. and finally, someone realizes that jumping wit 2 feet is lame. wats ur record in jumpin distance? or height?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:09 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

I have no way of measuring forward distance, but it can't be more than about three feet. It's not like a running long jump at all, especially since I'm trying to land on my heels.

I've been trying to jump two feet up (not over something, onto something two feet higher) to go from one piece of the concrete skate park to the next, but that's also difficult. The whole "land on your heels" bit makes everything harder, but it's the only way to actually be impressive.

ogel916
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:21 pm  Reply with quote

u need to catch a lot of speed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Heely Hailey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:13 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Midwest

One foot jumping, I've had that down for a while, you guys are all right jumping with two feet is lame and jumping with only your wheels is hard when jumping onto high surfaces. I usually just put down my front foot and just jump, i can't explain it that well! just go with your first reaction. Smile Oh and when heeling backwards you jump with your lead foot or the one pointing forward, or backwards in this case!
ogel916
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:28 pm  Reply with quote

im used to jumping without feet. it should be called a pro hop or a bunny hop. dependin....cuz if ur front goes higher than the back, its a pro hop. bunny hop is when u level both feet out. and what i call a no hop (opposite of pro hop), u use the weak break of ur front shoe to jump. so there is a possibility of falling on ur face.