Heelychat Forum Index
<  General  ~  Heelys a sport or hobby?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:02 pm  Reply with quote

Hey, Whenever I'm asked what my favorite sport is, my response of heeling is often denied by comments of "thats not a sport," or "No, a real sport" Just wondering about your inputs, Comment
ogel916
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:04 pm  Reply with quote

u c, on the paper or label, it says heelys is one of the newest sports out there. it is a new invention of sports. it is a sport and also a hobby, but more of a hobby. if ppl ask u wat ur favorite sport is, i guess u just say inline skatin or special inline skating
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

i think of heelys not of a sport/hobby but as a healthy obsession Wink
terrain190
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

i think heelys are a sport ever since i have gotten them i haven't been able to take them off i juss love making and doing tricks its like skateboarding... that is a sport and so is aggressive inline.. this sport is juss alot more mobile then those two sports. because we have the benefits of skating or grinding while having the option of walking.. especially if you have the aggressive evos or the torches ..i believe this is an awesum sport and is def a sport!

Slicer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

Is figure skating a sport? Well, yeah, it's in the Olympics.
Is skateboarding a sport? Considering it was featured in the X-Games, and is practiced competitively for money, definitely.
Is running a sport? Considering the number of serious, semi-pro runners and other track-and-fielders out there, it should be obvious.

Thus, Heelying is a sport. It just doesn't have enough proponents to become lucrative.

I'd love to see a Heely marathon, with 100% of the race being done on a smooth surface..

sara48
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:20 am  Reply with quote

Heelys marathon, yay!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigbadcoopMC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:25 am  Reply with quote

Heelys are definatly a sport I mean my team is hitting half pipes and and doing all the fun stuff that comes along with hitting the skate park, also I happen to know for a fact that HSL (Heelys) is planing to hold their first National Championship sometime in late 2007. They still have a huge amount of planning to do so the date is far from being set but the fact that its on the way is encouraging, You can be sure ill be there for the day we prove it is a sport.

sara48
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:01 am  Reply with quote

count me in, theres no way id miss a national championship, even if i do hav 2 beg my family 2 fly 2 USA!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mx54
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:34 am  Reply with quote
Pwned

i think it is a hobby that is growing into a sport, a very cool sport might i add! 8)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seth1230
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:38 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

.......heelys national championships *drools* i have got to go when it happens

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ