Heelychat Forum Index
<  Tips Tricks & Techniques  ~  how do you consider your heely skillz on a scale from 1-10?

What skill level are you?
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
14%
 14%  [ 10 ]
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
20%
 20%  [ 14 ]
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 69

seth1230
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:36 pm  Reply with quote
Heelys Encyclopedia

List of tricks on heelys.com go to videos then tricktionary. there is now how to video on heelys yet.

H4L&&&&BiGMaC BE MAH BFFLEZ
crazyboy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:31 am  Reply with quote

id give myself a 3. i can only do basic tricks right now.
AKDrummer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 am  Reply with quote

I think i would give myself a seven because i can do everything i've tried except to transfer over a door. I can get much more speed from the euro gap and all, so i would fairly say a 7.

The EMO-EST of them all

He Heelys, He Drums, He does almost EVERYTHING!

HE IS AMAZING!

lol.
Little Mac
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:26 pm  Reply with quote
Banned

i think im a 5 or a 6. i can do alot of tricks but i still cant do all oof them.
Ronni
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

im an 8
HeelyJuice
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:32 pm  Reply with quote
Museum Curator

i gave myself a 7... i know many tricks.. but i need to know more and perfect the ones i already know

Crazyheeler711
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:27 am  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - New England

i thought i was good at heelys then all of a sudden i saw this web site and hear all u guys talkin about tricks and stuff im like these guys are full of shit lol but then i looked at the youtube videos and i suck compared to people on this site i give my self a 3

Stormz
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:23 am  Reply with quote

Seems to me like folks have all different kinds of ways to rate themselves.... I would have assumed alot of folks here were rating themselves 8-10.... I rated myself as a 6.... considering things like....

1-3 being beginner and just riding straight, maybe turning, switching feet....

4-7 being learning ground work, stalls, and grinding with creativity

8-10 being learning vert and covering MOST of the tricks known.....

So again... I rated myself as a 6, having learned the beginning tricks, working my way through the more advanced ground work, grinding with some flare, but no where close to doing any of the biggie stuff......

In all honesty, Im actually amazed some of you folks didnt rate yourselves higher..... and in comment to the folks rating themselves a 10...... RIGHT ON!!!........ the only path to success is believing in yourself!!! As long as you always provide yourself room for improvement..... keep up the positive attitude and reach for the Stars!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Punksk8r
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:39 am  Reply with quote

Ok then on stormz scale Id be a 9.

To: Punksk8r
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:37 am
Subject: Re: team SoCal
Just say the "grind" video. I've never seen anyone pull off a footy grind before. *Props*
plasma qrenades
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

I said 7 because i can do a lot of ground tricks and can do most basic grinds, but my vert needs work
Punksk8r
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

Well I'll go down to 5 or 6 cuz Im not as good as Merlyn but almost as good as H2o.

To: Punksk8r
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:37 am
Subject: Re: team SoCal
Just say the "grind" video. I've never seen anyone pull off a footy grind before. *Props*
merlyn_DHC
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:20 pm  Reply with quote
Team Heelys - Northeast

Stormz wrote:
... the only path to success is believing in yourself!!! As long as you always provide yourself room for improvement..... keep up the positive attitude and reach for the Stars!!!

Well .. just because you don't rate yourself high doesn't mean you don't have a positive outlook. I think that most of us have a positive outlook.

For me, when I think of a trick, I immediately assume its possible (no matter how crazy). Doesn't mean I can do it right away. It sometimes takes months to perfect it.

So my advice is, don't think of things as a matter of "can" or "cannot". Think of things you want to do as an inevitable "when".

By that I mean, don't think of whether or not you "can" hit a Backside Tru. Just consider that you "will" get it, just a matter of time. With practice and good instruction, anything's possible.

Thats my .02
MDHZ

[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *looks at Merlyn's finger frenzy score*
[Wed 7:53] Slicer: *face screws up in a combination of amazement and a sort of horror*

[Fri 12:06] IVI4V3R1CK: hey Merlyn, if you don't mind me asking, whys your name yellow?
[Fri 12:07] merlyn_DHC: Because I'm Chinese
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: (isn't that obvious) ?
[Fri 12:08] IVI4V3R1CK: o.o... thats kinda wrong
[Fri 12:08] merlyn_DHC: HAHAHA

David: Hey RU there ?
H33LYcRaZeD: yeah
David: How things ?
H33LYcRaZeD: thongs arte good

Big Mac: to go to camp quality to give lessons and give away hoes
Dynastie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

that's a great point, merlyn.

Anyway, I rated myself at a 4. My scale is pretty similar to what Stormz was saying, but I voted myself before I read what he wrote. After I read it, I still think I'm a 4.

I can move around very comfortably, can handle most of the more basic tricks (switching, 360, stalls, etc.) but I've yet to do any vert, and I don't feel terribly comfortable on some of my tricks. I am also still a virgin when it comes to grinding, so I have no idea how well I'll pick that up once I get my Torches in a few days. I have tested myself on jumping up on rails and curbs and being able to hit the spot where the grindplates will be, and I think I'll be ok there... Also, actually grinding looks easy enough, from the how-to videos I've watched but looks can be deceiving, so I have no idea. Also, I've not come close to being comfortable with a crabwalk or a bloodstain, and so I want to try and accomplish that soon (though I honestly don't think a bloodstain would be possible for me, cause I can't get my feet to turn in enough).

On the other hand, as I'm thinking about potential, I think I can go a long way if I just keep at it, and I expect myself to improve greatly. Most of the time, as I'm trying a trick, I can complete it successfully after 2 or 3 tries. Granted, I might look a little wobbly, and I'm also staying with mostly the more basic stuff. But from the conversations I've had with others, I get the impression that I'm advancing pretty quickly (only had the Heelys for about 2 weeks now).